Those of you who have a chronic illness know what I'm talking about. Those well-meaning people just trying to help. But sometimes those well-meaning people don't realize that we don't need or want suggestions or thoughts, we just need their support. Here are 10 things not to say to someone with a chronic illness.
1) It’s all in your head.
2) Maybe you’re just stressed.
3) Have you tried holistic options?
4) Maybe it’s your diet.
5) Have you tried exercising?
6) You don’t look sick.
7) But you’re too young to be sick!
8) Have you tried getting more sleep?
9) Maybe you should try__________.
10) I’m sorry.
What else have you been told that you would like to add to the list?