Tuesday, October 5, 2010

I'm in the News!

A few months ago I was asked to be part of a campaign for UC Irvine Medical Center where I had all my surgeries. There are four of us patients featured and the campaign is finally out! You can see my story at:

www.healthcare.uci.edu/surgery/colorectal/ (the "Spotlight" on the right side)

www.ucihealth.com (the pictures on the top rotate and mine is the second one)

My add is also going to be in the Orange County Register on October 31 and The LA Times-OC section on November 7.

For those who don't live in Orange County, my ad should also be on OC Register and LA Times online on October 24th.

I am so excited to be a part of this campaign and to get the word out about Ulcerative Colitis!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your story; nice video online, too. I just concluded my two surgeries (June 2010, October 2010) and am adjusting to using my J-pouch now. IBD/UC and the surgeries do cause one to be more appreciative every day of life. / Chris / Kansas City / cmd@kcmo.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you both :-)
    Chris - Doesn't it feel good to be done?! Feel free to email me if you have any questions while you adjust, I know it can take some getting used to.
    jmartin0830@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete